I love to decorate birthday cakes and in this age of photo sharing, I'm constantly inspired. A year ago, I saw a birthday cake decorated with small, plastic toy animals and doll house furniture and I knew I wanted to make one for my daughter. In June, I was able to make it happen. I used Joy Letters to create a special name banner to complete the miniature party. The banner made the top of the cake even cuter. Even if you don't have dollhouse furniture or plastic animals, you can make the banner for a special cake topper.
- Joy letters - I used the pink Baby Monogram
- Die-cut, triangle banner shapes - No die? Just cut out small triangles!
- Baker's twine
- Craft glue
- 2 wood skewers
- Washi tape
- Glue the Joy letters onto the triangle banner shapes
- Glue the banner shapes onto a length of baker's twine. Make sure the twine is cut long enough to spell out the name or message you want, with a little extra to tie around the skewers.
- Decorate the wood skewers by wrapping them in washi tape.
- Tie the ends of the banner twine around each skewer.
- Push the skewers into the top of the your cake.
Joy iron-on embroidered letters can be found at your local craft store!