This pillow is a quick and easy no-sew Halloween decoration - add a touch of mummified fun to your porch, patio or family room.
- 12" x 12" pillow form
- White Oly*Fun material
- Joy embroidered 3D letters: B O O
- Joy embroidered 3D number: 8
- Krylon Glowz spray paint (optional)
- Tacky tape and/or low-temp hot glue gun
- 2 small black buttons
1. Place the pillow at the center of a 20" x 28" piece of Oly*Fun material. Wrap it as if you were wrapping a gift and glue the ends in place at the back.
2. Tear 3" wide strips from another sheet of Oly*Fun. Wrap the strips around the pillow in layers then overlap and glue the ends together at the back.
Note: Oly*Fun is a tear-resistant and material, so make a snip with scissors to start, then tear it slowly. It won't fray and it withstands the outdoor elements, so it's a great alternative to fabric for this project.
3. If you're using your pillow as an outdoor decoration, spray it with glow-in-the-dark paint and let dry.
4. Remove the backing from each letter to expose the adhesive then attach to the pillow. It isn't necessary to iron in place, since this project is for decorative purposes only (plus Oly*Fun will melt under the high temp of an iron).
5. Place a small, black button behind each opening in the number 8, then place horizontally behind one of the layers to look like a pair of eyes.
Place your finished pillow either indoors or outdoors and enjoy!
Look for JOY Iron-On letters and numbers at your local craft store!