Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Fabric Bulletin Board
I always seem to find out about fun annual events a bit too late. So I thought a special little bulletin board just for things I want to do next year made sense. From special events I want to attend, to clubs I want to join, to things I want to make - now I have a special spot to tack a reminder until later in the year when I'm ready to load up a new day planner.
- Joy embroidered iron-on numbers
- 12" square sheet of smooth foam
- 16" square piece of fabric
- 11" square piece of felt or thin quilt batting
- Duct tape to match the fabric
- Scissors, small piece of ribbon
- Decorative straight pins
- Iron and ironing pad
1. Press the fabric and center the numbers about 4" down from the top. Use some of the matching punctuation marks to create an oval border if desired
2. Carefully press and hold the iron down on top of your design for several seconds. Lift and press again a couple more times to ensure all the pieces are adhered.
3. Wrap the edges of the foam sheet with duct tape, then place the felt on top.
4. Wrap the fabric around the foam, keeping the iron-on numbers centered at the top, and pin into place around the edges.
5. Pin or tape the fabric edges against the back of the foam. Pin a loop of ribbon on the back for a hanger.
You can find Joy® embroidered iron-on numbers and letters in a variety of fonts, colors and sizes at your local craft store.