I'm excited to be one of the new design team members for the Creating with Joy blog! I'm so happy to be here and share my project ideas for Joy letters.
I love to embroider, but I'm an impatient crafter and get really bored if I have to satin stitch an entire monogram, so Joy letters are the perfect "cheat" item for someone like me. I can just iron-on the letter, embroider some pretty embellishments around it and I'm done! This cute framed floral monogram took me less than an hour to make!
- Joy iron-on embroidered letter
- Small white frame
- Small piece of linen
- Embroidery floss in green and red
- Green felt
1. Mark your frame size on your piece of linen. Center your monogram and iron-on.
2. Embroider vines around the sides of the monogram, then attach small felt leaves to the vines with a straight stitch.
3. Embroider french knots for berries/flower buds around the leaves and vines.
4. Once you are happy with the design, cut out the embroidered area from the linen and slip it into your frame.