Love is in the air! It's not quite February yet, but it's never too early to start thinking about Valentine's Day decorations! Here's a fun wreath to say "Love You" without lettering stress!
You'll need the following supplies:
Joy® Iron-on Embroidered Letters - LOVE YOU
Plaid® Fabric Creations™Soft Fabric Ink - Hot Pink and Poppy
7 Smoothfoam® 3" hearts
Small, flat paint brush
Tacky glue or lo-temp glue gun
Wax paper (to work on)
2.5" Smoothfoam® half-ball
2 red glitter heart stickers
Yellow craft paint
1. Using the sponge applicator dab, pink paint around the edge of each heart. Overlap the top edge to create the feathered look on the front. Let dry.
TIP: You can use any kind of paint on the hearts, but since I was using fabric paint for the letters, I thought I'd try it on the hearts too. I love the look! It dries to a shiny finish and, although it feels a little tacky to the touch, it isn't tacky at all!
2. Place the letters on wax paper, then paint red. Paint in the same direction as the threads. Use a toothpick to move the letters to a clean surface to dry.
3. When dry, glue the letters to the hearts.
TIP: Spread a thin layer of tacky glue onto the wax paper. Press each letter into the glue, lift off with a toothpick then position on the heart.
4. Create a ring with the hearts as shown. Glue together where the hearts touch.
You can hang this simple wreath anywhere, or add a touch of whimsy at the center as follows:
- Paint the half-ball yellow then add heart stickers for eyes. Draw a smile with a black marker.
- Glue the back of a paper plate to the back of the hearts, flip over then glue the half-ball at the center.
Punch holes at the top edge of the plate for a ribbon hanger if desired. Enjoy!
Joy Iron-on letters can be found at your favorite craft store!